|Bitten cupcake. More like "carefully" engulfed.|
Sour cream. Never knew it was such a versatile ingredient, but it seems to be. So cupcakes with sour cream doesn’t sound as odd to me anymore.
Well, anything with chocolate in it can’t taste bad. (Although, I’ve failed before, waaahh).
I was going to be on campus until late evening tonight so I contented myself with searching for dessert recipes with sour cream in them. Thank technology for making multiple tabs on one web browser window possible.
I always feel so indulgent when I scoop more than a ¼ cup of cocoa powder out of the canister. Always so satisfying too.
Imagine how I felt scooping out 3/4 cup of this brown powder.
Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes
Makes about 18 medium-sized cupcakes.
¾ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Line muffin tin with muffin cups.
2. Sift cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cream butter and sugar til light & fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla.
5. On low, add cocoa mixture in two batches.
6. Alternate between dry and sour cream.
7. Pour batter into cups (¾ full).
8. Bake 20-25 min. Cool 5 min in pan.
9. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
|Batter all ready and then plopped into the muffin cups. Particularly like the shape of the one at the right.|
Came out pretty moist, almost like a lighter version of a brownie in cupcake form. I was not smart though, as I left them out, uncovered overnight. They dried up a bit. Kinda disappointing. Booooo.
|Leaving them on a wire rack to cool.|
3.5 out of 5 NOMs