|Oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon.|
I genuinely love oatmeal. There, I said it. That steamy, gooey morning porridge that most dread eating. A couple of additions will make oatmeal DELICIOUS. Here goes:
|BREAKFAST = milk, egg, sugar (oatmeal, cinnamon)|
Think of your favourite breakfast. Probably includes milk, eggs, maybe maple syrup (I’m totally alluding to French toast and pancakes). I just put what makes breakfast amazing into my oatmeal.
It’s quick & easy!
|Check out the wholesomness of Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. Think of the blandness! But it can taste sooo good. Trust.|
|(clockwise from top left). Boil water. Dump in the oatmeal. Pour in milk. Crack egg. Stir constantly.|
Serves 1 Time: 7-10 min
⅓ cup rolled oats
1 tbsp quick cook oats
⅓ tsp brown sugar
⅓ cup + 1 tbsp water
⅔ cup milk
1 tbsp milk
1. Boil water. Turn down to medium heat. Stir in oats & sugar, 20 sec.
2. Slowly stir in milk. Stir constantly to avoid burning. Cook 3-4 min.
3. Crack egg into oatmeal. Slowly incorporate egg white.
4. After the yolk is a little set (30 sec), stir as well so it becomes cooked strands of yolk. If you mix earlier, it’ll become part of the milk mixture.
5. Turn off the heat. Cover and let sit 2 min until oatmeal is puffed.
6. Serve in bowl. Pour in 1 tbsp of milk and sprinkle with cinnamon.
7. ENJOY!! Healthy breakfast in less than 10 minutes!
|Nice close-up on the bowl of oatmeal. Piping hot.|
|Different solid components present: oatmeal, yolk, egg white. Quick cook oats give the oatmeal its thick, creamy texture.|
4 out of 5 NOMs